Monday, January 7, 2008

New Year...

Happy New Year! I realize its been several weeks since I have posted last, but I have a great excuse...I was out of town visiting my husbands family in Indiana for 11 days. My inlaws have dial up internet and I would rather spend the time with them than post a blog that might tie up their phone line for a while. We had a great time.

As I sit here typing, Noah, Rylee and Brock are outside the window swinging on the swingset. Its beautiful out. No, its not sunny, but its got to be about 60 degrees or so. Are we sure its really January, because Rochester does not usually get this warm at this time of the year. I'm loving it. I'm happy for the kids that they can play outside once again and not be bundled up like an eskimo.

I know a lot of people take this time of the year to proclaim a new years resolution. I guess new years resolutions have never really worked for me. I also feel that if there is a change you want to implement, why wait until the new year? But hey, if it works for you, by all means go with it. Maybe I believe in resolutions but just don't call it that. I really want this year to be one of increased organization in our home. No more hunting for things amidst the clutter. No more junk lying around. Etc...you get the idea. As busy as we are, we don't have the luxury of living in a house that is cluttered and messy. I have been much better about that the past few months, but I want to get even better. Thankfully, baby #3 should be joining us mid April, and adding a new one to our family always spurs me into greater productiveness...possibly out of sheer necessity if nothing else. Yes, the nesting instinct has helped also. I want so much to be a good example to our children in all things. Not just in parenting or spiritual issues, but in keeping an orderly house as well.

I have become a fan of Flylady...ever heard of her? It seems that more and more people I know are getting turned on to her. She gives common sense advice in how to manage your home, and gives you routines to follow everyday until they become a good habit. Its not rocket science. If you can discipline yourself even a little, her advice will start making your home less cluttered and more relaxing to be in.

So, here's to a new year. Hopefully one that brings health, prosperity and peace to all of us. May your "New Year's" wish come true....

No comments:

 

Made by Lena