Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I'm tagged!

I was tagged by a good friend of mine, Carole. I have to list 7 random/little known facts about myself. Hmmm...here are a few:

:: I don't like unmelted butter. Neither Matt or I will eat butter on bread unless its completely melted. Even if my butter does not completely melt on my toast, I will either not eat that part, or microwave it to melt all the butter. Watching people spread oodles of butter on Italian bread and eat it while the butter is still in its solid form just about gags me. It always has, and I'm not sure why. I was amazed to find someone else in this world who felt the same way about butter; "love it if its melted, cannot stand it if its not!". That's why I married him. Just kidding.

:: I have always had a fetish with smelling things. Yes, the normal stuff, but also smelling things that my husband or family finds weird. Like cups before I drink out of them. Or clean clothes before I dress. When I was younger I could not even take a test without first smelling the #2 pencil the teacher handed out to the students for the test. I guess I don't like bad smells. Who knows? The hilarious thing is that I seem to have passed this trait on to my kids, much to the bewilderment of my husband and family.

:: Most people swallow a pill by popping it in their mouth, then drinking a bit of water. I do it opposite. I drink a little water first, without swallowing, then pop the pill in. The only reason I can think of for doing this is that some pills taste horrible if they start to dissolve on your tongue before you can drink water and swallow them.

:: Its very hard for me to imagine being "done" having children if we were to stop at #4. When we first got married, we agreed that we wanted "3 or 4" kids. Now, we are about to have #3, and thankfully both agree that we want more after this baby. Matt used to tease me that I was going to go for "an even dozen", even though I didn't feel that way. Now...between our biological children and children we hope to adopt at some point, we may very well end up with a much larger family than we originally planned for. But, we are more than OK with that. The thought of a big family does not scare me at all. I would be lying if I didn't admit that one of the only things that I don't look forward to with having a big family are the comments and looks from people. Its not a reason to not have a big family though, especially if that is what you feel called to.

:: I love dairy products. Any type. Unfortunately, they do not love me. After a severe bout with the flu when I was about 8, it left my body with a slight lactose intolerance. Ice cream and glasses of milk are the worst for me. It can give me horrible stomach cramps or worse. Its sporadic, though. I can go for a week with no symptoms at all after consuming dairy products often, then, out of the blue, a small amount of dairy will leave me doubled over in pain.

:: I love rearranging furniture in rooms. I love the new look it brings to a room. When I was a teenager I would move my furniture around on a monthly basis. Now that I'm older and my furniture seems much heavier, I resist that urge. I am, however, in the midst of moving our bedroom around. Its long overdue and the room has been arranged this way for several years.

:: I don't like scary movies. It always seems that within a few days of seeing something scary, I find myself having to walk to our garage late at night in the dark, or across a darkened parking lot, etc. Remembering the movie makes my mind go wild with possibilities and it creeps me out. I also don't like dead bodies. I'm sure most people don't, but I used to get myself so worked up about just seeing a dead body at a funeral that I would avoid funerals and almost get sick to my stomach. The worst job in the world to me would be that of an undertaker or a medical examiner...yuck!

There you have it....wild and wacky facts about yours truly. Now that I have shared my deep dark secrets with you, its time to pick others to tag. I'm supposed to tag 7 others, but since my blog is so new, I don't know that I have 7 readers, let alone 7 readers who also have blogs of their own. So, the only one I can think to tag is Hannah.

Here are the rules for the game:*Link to the person that tagged you*Post the rules on your blog.*Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.*Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.*Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena