Thursday, October 25, 2007

Potty training

Well, I think Murphy's Law also extends to potty training as well. After deciding yesterday that today was the day to really work with Noah on potty training, I started him off first thing on the potty chair. I had him sit on it for quite a while, and nothing was happening. Wanting to be a considerate mommy and give his poor buns a rest (and also remembering Rylee walking around with a huge red ring around her butt from sitting on the potty too long when she was training), I put him in his underpants and shirt. No jeans. Within about 5 minutes he had an accident. Thank God for hardwood floors that clean easily. Well, we have had two accidents now this AM. He did manage to go potty once while sitting on his potty chair, however his....ummm...."pee-pee"...wasn't pointed in the downward direction and it actually made a puddle at his feet instead of the potty chair container. I was still proud of him.

I decided to have Brock join Noah as well today in this potty training adventure. For those who don't know, Brock is my nephew. He is 28 days younger than Noah and I watch him full time. My sister has really done a great job training him already. He did manage to have 2 accidents as well, but has gone 4 times on the potty chair so far. He manages to aim perfectly. Any chance you can help Noah out with that, Brock?

I have to say that the two of them look absolutely adorable sitting side by side on their potty's in the living room. If I were mean I would snap a picture. Alas, our digital camera bit the dust and the new one should arrive in another week or 10 days.

Noah was actually pretty scared to even sit on the potty chair at first. Forget the big toilet. Even with the potty seat over the regular seat, it still really freaks him out. I finally broke it down for him....

"Noah, when the new baby comes, its going to need diapers to wear, so you need to be a big boy and start going potty in the potty chair!"

Being the sweet and generous child that he is, Noah stated, "baby can go potty in my potty chair!" This was his way of saying, "let me keep the diapers, you can use my potty chair for the baby!"

I had to explain the baby will be too young and too small to use his potty. After bribing him with juice and reading his favorite book, he agreed to give it a try. Within a few minutes he was actually enjoying himself. I think he felt he had his very own personal chair in front of the TV to watch Clifford from.

Right now he's using his rear to scoot the potty seat around with him so he can still play with his toy motorcycle all over the living room. It almost reminds me of how dogs sometimes scoot their rear along carpets.

Well, I told you this would be exciting. I know you have to agree, and are actually on the edge of your seat waiting for my next update. I promise not to keep you hanging too long : )

No comments:

 

Made by Lena