Thursday, May 20, 2010

Now that we are on our journey...

Blogging took a backseat to life. Sadly, Facebook is also to blame...too much immediate gratification, LOL! Three months ago we welcomed our first foster children into our home. I have been hesitant to blog about them as I feel its important to keep any details about them or their family from cyberspace. I can certainly speak about them in less personal ways, without divulging personal info. Sweet little "J", who is 2 1/2 and his fun older sister, "R", who is 4 1/2, have joined our family and adjusted beautifully.

They will be with us for several more months, minimum. We have a great, albeit unusual relationship with their parents. At times, we even drive the parents to their bi-weekly visits with the kids. We exchange letters, and I call on occasion. They are very nice and gracious folks who just need some time to work on some issues. To say that I feel God's hand on this whole case would be an understatement. Not only were we assigned a Christian case worker, but even the family mentor assigned to the family is also a Christian.

Just a few hours after "R" and "J" were dropped off at our house, Matt and I turned to each other and said, "This is exactly what we are called to do...no doubt! There is such a sense of fulfillment and satisfaction." Sometimes there are times in your life when you just *know* in your *knower* that something was "meant to be". This is one of those times...

2 comments:

livethecovenant said...

:)
I'm glad things are going so well. Not that I doubted for a moment that it would. You and Matt have always had such a God-given heart and gifting for children. You see them the way Jesus sees them. They in turn can sense that and know that they are loved and valued. I'm glad you are following your hearts and fulfilling your calling. You may never know this side of heaven how many lives you have truly blessed. May God continue to strengthen and empower you as you continue reaching out in His love to His precious little ones.

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

yay!!!!! I am so gla dthat the new family is working out fo ryou! What an amazing gift to give. I always wanted foster children, but we no longer have the room. Maybe one day when my husband retires and we buy our forever home will be able to give the same gift!

 

Made by Lena